On 20 December 2017 the UK Law Commission has published the Annual Report 2016-2017. It emerges that:
- Four new statutes have been issued based on Law Commission recommendations – Part 5 of the Enterprise Act 2016, Part 6 of the Policing and Crime Act 2017, the Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017, and Part 2 of the Digital Economy Act 2017.
- There has been a record numbers of submissions to the 13th Programme of Law Reform consultation – over 1300 responses covering 220 individual suggestions.
- Updated figures show that seven out of every 10 (69%) Law Commission reports have been wholly or partly implemented or accepted over the past half century.
- The Law Commission’s Chief Executive, Phil Golding, has been appointed during the reporting period.
- The Law Commission’s second non-executive Board member, Bronwen Maddox, has been appointed as Director of the Institute for Government.