Nazareno Panichella (Milan, 1982) is an Italian sociologist. He is Associate Professor of Economic Sociology at the Department of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Milan.
- (2022-2023) Principal Investigator of the project ‘Ethnic Inequalities. A Multidimensional Analysis of Migrants’ Penalty on Occupational Achievement and Health in Italy (MEI)‘ (~200,000 Euros, Fondazione Cariplo)
- (2021-2025) Principal Investigator of Miur-Prin Grant ‘School, Work, Family and Mobility across Marginal and Central Areas‘ (~700,000 Euros).
- (2021-2023) Principal Investigator of the Fondazione Cariplo grant ‘Opportunities and Constraints in Marginal and Central Areas’ (~200,000 Euros) (~200,000 Euros)
Research groups and activities
- Scientific coordinator of the interdisciplinary research group on Geography and Social Inequality in Italy (GESI)
- Scientific coordinator of the ECSR-CCA-NASP Spring School.
- Board member of the ECSR- European Consortium of Sociological Research.
- Member of the editorial board of Polis – Ricerche e studi su società e politica
- Associate Editor of European Sociological Review (ESR).
Geographical inequalities and the labor market; social stratification and social mobility; employment integration of immigrants; geographical mobility and occupational trajectories; labor market and occupational structure; inequalities in educational opportunities; relationship between educational systems and the labor market; sociology of the family; methodology and techniques of social research.
Married with Mariangela, two children (Michele and Francesco)
University of Milan
Department of Social and Political Sciences (SPS)
Via Conservatorio, 7
20122 Milano (Italy)
Phone (office): (+39) 02. 503.21165