Access to Justice in Environmental Matters – European Commission
- Fact Sheets on Environmental Access to Justice – aimed at providing easily accessible rules on starting a review procedure before an independent court of law or an administrative body.
European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), Access to justice in europe: an overview of challenges and opportunities, Luxembourg 2011
Report from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council and the European Economic and Social Committee on the application of Directive 2003/8/EC to improve access to justice in cross border disputes by establishing minimum common rules relating to legal aid for such disputes – 2012
Convention of 25 October 1980 on International Access to Justice – 1-V-1988 (in the relations between the Contracting States, this Convention replaces Articles 17 to 26 of the Convention on civil procedure of 1954)
ERC Consolidator Grant Project: Building EU civil justice: challenges of procedural innovations bridging access to justice
The European Coalition for Corporate Justice (ECCJ) – Access to Justice
Towards access to justice and full legal capacity for people with an intellectual disability in Europe – AJuPID – Access to justice for people with intellectual disabilities – co-financed by the European Union and coordinated by FEGAPEI
China – EU Access to Justice
- Through the China – EU Access to Justice programme the British Council supports China in assessing policies and improving the performance of legal aid provision for people in remote and inaccessible areas, and especially those from disadvantaged groups.Working with provincial legal aid centres, legal aid workers and senior experts and officials in the Ministry of Justice, the project team will:
- Provide assistance to the Ministry of Justice to assess National Policy on legal aid and to review and evaluate it against Chinese goals
- Deliver best practice principles to improve legal aid services in Shanxi, Inner Mongolia and Henan provinces
- Develop learning opportunities and support the transfer of knowledge on legal aid procedures and practice between European and Chinese policy makers.
- More info
J.H. Gerards, L.R. Glas, Access to justice in the European Convention on Human Rights system, in Netherlands Quarterly of Human Rights (NQHR), 2017
Hendrik Schoukens, Access to Justice in Environmental Cases after the Rulings of the Court of Justice of 13 January 2015: Kafka Revisited?
The EU’s Business: Recommended actions for the EU and its Member States to ensure access to judicial remedy for business-related human rights impacts – Brno, December 2014
Zampia G Vernadaki, EU Civil Procedure and Access to Justice After the Lisbon Treaty. Perspectives for a Coherent Approach, UCL London, 2013
European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights and Council of Europe – Handbook on European law relating to access to justice – 2016