Joint Workshop @ AIxIA 2022
December 2, 2022
University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Organizers of the BRIO Workshop (Bias, Risk and Opacity in AI), the ME&E-LP Workshop (Machine Ethics & Explainability – the Role of Logic Programming), and the AWARE AI Workshop (Ethics and AI, a two-way relationship) have joined efforts and created BEWARE, a forum where to discuss ideas on the emerging ethical aspects of AI, with a focus on Bias, Risk, Explainability and the role of Logic and Logic Programming. BEWARE is co-located with the AIxIA 2022 conference to be held in Udine from the 28th of November to the 2nd of December.
The workshop invites submissions from computer scientists, philosophers, economists and sociologists wanting to discuss contributions ranging from the formulation of epistemic and normative principles for AI, their conceptual representation in formal models, to their development in formal design procedures and translation into computational implementations.
Topics of interest include, but are not at all limited to:
• Conceptual and formal definitions of bias, risk and opacity in AI
• Epistemological and normative principles for fair and trustworthy AI
• Ethical AI and the challenges brought by AI to Ethics
• Explainable AI
• Uncertainty in AI
• Ontological modelling of trustworthy as opposed to biased AI systems
• Defining trust and its determinants for implementation in AI systems
• Methods for evaluating and comparing the performances of AI systems
• Approaches to verification of ethical behaviour
• Logic Programming Applications in Machine Ethics
• Integrating Logic Programing with methods for Machine Ethics and Explainable AI
The workshop invites (possibly non-original) submissions of FULL PAPERS (up to 15 pages) and SHORT PAPERS (up to 5 pages). Short papers are particularly suitable to present work in progress, extended abstracts, doctoral theses, or general overviews of research projects. Note that all papers will undergo a careful peer-reviewer process and, if accepted, camera-ready versions of the papers will be published on the AIxIA subseries of CEUR proceedings (Scopus indexed).
Manuscripts must be formatted using the 1-column CEUR-ART Style. For more information, please see the CEUR website http://ceur-ws.org/HOWTOSUBMIT.html. Papers must be submitted through EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=beware22.
23 September 2022
EXTENDED DEADLINE 02 October 2022
Notification: 21 October 2022
Camera ready: 18 November 2022