2 Years post-doc position in Logic within the Logic, Uncertainty, Computation and Information (LUCI) Group, Department of Philosophy, University of Milan.
This project aims to develop logics for the verification of properties of interest in the development and use of machine learning systems in Artificial Intelligence. In particular, the aim is to develop methods for demonstrating or verifying models that simulate the probabilistic structures underlying supervised, unsupervised and/or reinforcement learning methods and to check for biases and assess their risks.
The project activities consist of:
1) Formulation of multi-agent models and/or probabilistic deductive reasoning checking for forms of bias and risk
2) Presentation of scientific results at international conferences
3) Publication of research results in international journals
4) Supporting the organisation of scientific events
PROFILE OF THE RESEARCHER
The ideal candidate has obtained a PhD in Logic or related field (Philosophy/AI/CS/Mathematics), with knowledge of least two of the following disciplines:
– proof theory and automated theorem proving
– probabilistic extensions of Curry-Howard isomorphisms and lambda-calculus
– temporal logics and model checking
– formal models of Bias and Risk in AI
In addition, the ideal candidate has a great aptitude for teamwork, with good organisational skills.
HOW TO APPLY & DEADLINE
The deadline for application is on 18th January 2023 at 23:59 CET (strict – please note that late applications cannot be considered). Please follow carefully the instructions available on the official call, published at
Online interviews are scheduled on 27th January 2023 at 10:00am CET.
For any informal inquiry please write to firstname.lastname@example.org