The primary research interest concerns the politics and policy of the European Union, especially with regard to policy mechanism design, policy analysis and the theory of delegation.
Interested in legislative politics and policy implementation, applied both to the European Union and comparatively, and in the policy implications of electoral rules, with a preference for the development and systematic empirical testing of formal models.
More recently, interested in experimental research applied to the theory of voting and policy design.
A randomly ordered list of research themes:
- Politics and policy of the European Union
- Legislative politics in the European Union
- Implementation – transposition of EU law and compliance
- Policy mechanism design and policy analysis
- Comparative legislative, executive and bureaucratic politics
- Rational choice and formal modelling
- Europeanisation and domestic politics
- Policy implications of electoral rules
- Conjoint analysis, valence voting, policy design