The seminar organized by the Academy of European Law will provide legal practitioners with an update on the case law developed by the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – mainly in 2015, 2016 and 2017 – on the right of access to a court under Article 6 of the European Convention of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (“the Convention”).
- The State immunity plea
- The question of universal civil jurisdiction for acts of torture
- Placement of persons on a UN sanction list
- Forced hospitalisation of persons of unsound mind and incapacitation proceedings
- Access to courts of appeal and cassation
- Legal aid proceedings and court fees
- Submitting a case to the Strasbourg Court
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, NGOs and equality bodies who litigate cases involving human rights, judges and other members of the judiciary, as well as academics who work on the relevant topics.